Julie & Julia Are Back!

By some strange twist of fate I have become a huge fan of Julia Child. It may have begun with my read of Julie & Julia (read my post about it). That book is about a true-life experiment by Julie Powell to try every recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 365 days. Wow.

Anyway, the book was fun. But the main reason I liked it is it introduced me to Julia Child. Since then I've read My Life in France (wonderful!), watched many The French Chef episodes and now I'm knee-deep in the biography Julia Child.

Now I'm ecstatic that the Julie & Julia book is going to be a movie (of the same name)--coming out August 7, 2009 (calendar is officially marked). I'm pretty sure the movie also uses content from My Life in France. Meryl Streep plays Julia and Amy Adams plays Julie. This is going to be fun. Check out the trailer:

Comments

Popular Posts